Dream Theater - When Dream And James Unite




















 
I've had two people now request this CD, so I may as well put it on this blog. The reason I did not put it up earlier is because some tracks are horrendously noisy, and I was trying to share things which were nice quality. The basic idea here, like the When Dream And Day Today album, which was one of the Prism Records CDs, is to construct the entire When Dream And Day Unite album with James singing using live recordings. This album has some really lovely bonus tracks which are hard, nay impossible, to find anywhere else. First, there is a soundboard recording of To Live Forever from Sursee, Switzerland 1993. This may trace back to an appearance of Portnoy on the Nightwatch program with Mike Kelly. Too lazy to check right now. Then, there is a studio session practicing for a gig with Iron Maiden in 1992 (sadly, the tapes have been sped way up and James sounds like a chipmunk). Finally, there are the ubiquitous tunes from Bruce Dickinson's radio show in 1995. It's just a shame so many songs on this CD are marred by audio problems, because it could have been a gem otherwise. The things I've shared from this CD on my channel were fixed up to the best of my ability, but I did not save the individual songs, just .mov files of the videos I made. So people are going to be on their own in correcting these files if the sound problems are too much for them to bear.

ALAC/M4A format; direct CD transfer:
https://mega.nz/#!jJ5mHBZJ!SvED7yO6Kr5ST43tSbTiWJegy-n9ydKtnohUQtJgmZ4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream Theater - The Complete Forbidden Dreams Boxset In FLAC

Dream Theater - Varese, Italy 1995 DVD

Dream Theater - The Change Of A Change Of Seasons